Friday, December 28, 2012

Do your kids creep you out?

    The Monster has recently let his personality shine through and it's awesome, but sometimes he does little things that creep me out such as::

I wake up and the kid is just staring at me.  Not one blink or even shutter of the eyelid.  I tried not to notice how disturbing it was at first by rolling over and trying to go back to sleep but then the Monster climbs over my shoulder and sticks his nose in my ear.  Let me tell you if you think heavy breathing behind you is weird try having it literally right in your ear hole.  Sometimes I get lucky enough to get the cool sensation of drool running down the back of my ear and neck

As a Mom I always find myself wanting to clean his face- in particular- his nose! I really can't stand it when his tiny little nostrils are rimmed with crust or ooze.  Or worse, that one little booger that didn't quite get cleaned off and every time he breathes just flails in and out of his nose like a Pentecostal on Sunday morning. Sometimes, I see it from across the room and if he see's me looking at him it's like he knows what I'm thinking and will stop whatever he's doing to shake his chubby little slobber and banana covered feeler at me in a "no-no!" motion.  So to keep him on his toes I throw him for a loop and ask him if he wants a cookie which he always come running for, but he may just not want me to know I'm on to him.

More recently, though, he has taken his creeper status to a whole new level. 

Expert: Creepster McCreeperson.

After a long day away from Dad, when we hear the keys outside the front door I always ask the Monster "Is that Daddy?" to which he replies with a GASP! *shocked face* runs over to be in view of the front entry way (if he's not already there) squats just a little bit and waits. Which is cute when the door opens because he starts running in place waving his arms frantically with an occasional clap and grunting "OO-OO-OO! DA! OO! ANUHNUHNA!" (we still haven't figured out why he shouts anuhnuh [banana] when he gets excited.) So why is this eery on a whole new level? Well because he has started to do this when no one is at the front door he'll even run over to the computer desk or the couch.  Then, just when you think thats disturbing enough he does a slow turn all wide-eyed to look back at me straight in the pupils as if to say "I can hear them mommy dearest can you?!" Makes me coil back shaking my head and outwardly reply with "No, I don't hear them you adorable little lunatic!"

I recently posted about this on Facebook and had 14 people like the status and even had one friend comment "Thank god I'm not the only mom who thinks my kid talks to ghosts!!"  I mean, I know I was a weird little kid but straight creeper like this? Must come from my husband or something.  What weird or creepy thing do your kids do? Or did your parents ever tell you how weird you were when you were little?

Probably about to share food with that dead girl who was poisoned in the 6th Sense 

No comments:

Post a Comment